My research lies in the following areas:
- Hegemonic stability theory
- Democratic peace thesis
- Rational choice theory
- Chinese foreign policy
- International relations of the Asia-Pacific region
- Chinese economy
- BRICS stock market integration
- Economic development and international trade
- Transnational terrorism
- The international political economy of energy
- Domestic-foreign policy interactions
- Geography: trade, foreign policy, conflict and global politics
- Histories and economic implications of the One China policy on Africa-China/Taiwan relations (book)
- Interstate African War and Peace, 1976-2016 (monograph)
- Terrorism in East Africa (series)
- EU, US agricultural tariffs (report)
- Advanced political science and international relations theory (course)
- See a list of my publications for work that has already been published.
- 6 January 2019: Notes: Can China’s Population Challenge Be Reversed?
- 5 March 2019: Notes: 5 Takeaways from the AU’s Specialized Economic Committee Meeting
- China and Taiwan’s GDP growths, 2007-2018. This dataset summarises China and Taiwan’s GDP growths and/or declines over the 2007 to 2018 period as well as averages that data. (Excel format).
- World Economic Forum Competitiveness Index Scores: ROC vs PRC, 2006-2016 This dataset summarises China and Taiwan’s growths and/or declines in the World Economic Forum Competitiveness Index over the 2006-2016 decade as well as averages the movement in scores. (Excel format).