Below is a list of some articles, papers, books, book chapters and reports published by Bhaso Ndzendze
- ‘Choosing ‘the better evil’? The contrast effect and the relative nature of soft power’, Modern Diplomacy, 23 March 2017.
- ‘China: The Democracy Question’, Modern Diplomacy, 25 March 2017.
- ‘Democracy, Statecraft, and the Partitions of Poland, 1772-1795’, Modern Diplomacy, 13 April 2017.
- ‘There Will Always Be Spanish Catalonia’, Modern Diplomacy, 17 April 2017.
- ‘The French Elections and the Much-Needed Change in Relations with Africa (That Won’t Come)’, Modern Diplomacy, 18 April 2017.
- ‘The World Bank and Africa: Why It’s Not Too Late’, Modern Diplomacy, 4 August 2017.
- with Dr. David Monyae, ‘Does a Smoother Silk Road Lie Ahead for Africa?’, Sunday Independent, 11 November 2017.
- with Dr. David Monyae, ‘The White House’s flagrant ignorance on Africa‘, Pretoria News, 16 January 2017.
- ‘Corruption is a crime against humanity, will measures change anything?’, Cape Times, 6 February 2018.
- with Charles Matseke, ‘The Role of Sustainable Development in Preventing the Relapse of Conflict in Africa‘, Modern Diplomacy, 12 February 2018.
- ‘Worse than Oil? The Geopolitics of the Banana, Modern Diplomacy, 11 March 2018.
- ‘On the Brink of a New Cold War, What is the Place of the BRICS?’, Cape Times, 19 June 2018.
- ‘One Belt One Road and the Shift in International Relations’ (forthcoming).
- ‘Brics members’ low investment in JSE points to limited economic ties‘, Business Day, 24 July 2018.
- ‘Trade, BRICS and Geography: Why Turkey Matters’, 2 August 2018.
- ‘When it comes to geography and more, Turkey’s part in #BRICS matters‘, The Star, 7 August 2018.
- with Sara Zumbika Van Hoeymissen, ‘China and Africa’s Integration Agenda: The Role of FOCAC‘, ISPI (Istituto per gli Studi di Politica Internazionale),
- ‘Implications of the US-Led War on Terror on China-Africa Relations’, UJCI Africa-China Occasional Papers Series, 5 October 2017.
- ‘Strains in Sino-Indian Relations: The BRICS Achilles’ Heel?’, 20 November 2017.
- ‘Federalism with South African Characteristics? Traditional Authorities and Customary Law in a Democratic, Constitutional State’, The Thinker Vol. 76, Q2: 2018, April.
- ‘The Slipping Ally? US-Turkey Relations Under Obama, 2009-2016’, (forthcoming).
- ‘Post-Reform Chinese and South African Entrepreneurships in Comparative Perspective, 1978-2018: Congruence Analyses’, Singapore Journal of Development and Entrepreneurship (forthcoming).
- ‘The Year Internationalist Idealism met Domestic Realpolitik?: Assessing the Historical Nexus between the UDHR, Indian, Israeli and South African Politics in 1948’, Journal of International Ethics (forthcoming).
- ‘A proxy for intra-alliance economic confidence: Private sector BRIC shareholding in Johannesburg Stock Exchange-listed companies, 2010-2018’, Foreign Affairs and Policy Institute of South Africa.
- ‘A Bargain Like No Other: Modelling Mutual Gain in China’s Involvement in Africa, 1949-2017’, Africa-East Asia Journal.
- ‘China’s Belt and Road Initiative: Linkages with the African Union’s Agenda 2063 in Historical Perspective’, Shanghai Journal of International Studies (forthcoming).
- The Eagle and the Springbok by Adekeye Adebajo (Jacana, 2018: Johannesburg) in International Affairs.
- Toussaint Louverture: A Black Jacobin in the Age of Revolutions by Charles Forsdick and Christian Høgsbjerg (Pluto/Wits University Press, 2017: Johannesburg) in The Thinker.
- From the Outside In by Chris Landsberg and Lesley Masters (Jacana, 2018: Johannesburg) in The Thinker.
- China and India’s Development Cooperation in Africa: The Rise of Southern Powers by Philani Mthembu (Palgrave Macmillan, 2018: London) in International Affairs.
- with Dr. David Monyae ‘Strains in Sino-Indian Relations: Wither the BRICS?’, in The BRICS Order (forthcoming).
- ‘Modernisation Theory and the Global Economic Determinants of the Chinese Political System’, in The BRICS Order (forthcoming).
- ‘Chapter 8: Missed Opportunities: African Regional Integration in South Africa’s Foreign Policy, 2009-2017’, in South African Foreign Policy Review (HSRC Press, 2018).
- ‘Reformulation of global order’, in BRICS Politricks: New Subimperial Power Plays.
- The Symbolic Napoleon (2015: The National Library of South Africa).
- Africa: The Continent we Construct (2015: Verity Publishers).
- Beginner’s Dictionary of Contemporary International Relations (2017: University of the Witwatersrand, Department of International Relations; and The National Library of South Africa).
- A Continent for the Taking?: African Realpolitik, Opportunity Cost, and the One China Problem (2020; forthcoming).
2017 in Review: What a year for Africa-China relations, CGTN Africa, December 31, 2017.
2017 in Review: What the future holds for Africa-China relations, CGTN Africa, December 31, 2017.